First edition of Malabar Premier League recently got concluded. MSP Delta Force emerged champions of the first season. Here are some facts and figures from the first edition of the tournament. The numbers and facts were sourced from various news reports that appeared about Malabar Premier League.
Facts and Figures
- Earnings from ticket sales for the 1st edition of the tournament was around 7.5 lakhs. Where as the expenditure for running the league was around 75 lakhs.
- The prize money for the 1st edition was 1 lakh and the runners-up bagged 50,000 INR. Semifinalists were rewarded with 25000 INR.
- First edition of MPL gave opportunities for an array of players. MSP Delta Force team comprised mainly of MSP School students and other teams had many college students in their ranks too.
- 15 matches were played in the 1st edition and 55 goals were scored.
- 2nd edition of Malabar Premier League could see foreign players in action for teams.
- MPL organizers are looking to get accreditation for the tournament from AIFF. If AIFF doesn’t recognize the tourney, foreigners cannot take part.
- Second edition of MPL will also feature team from other districts in the Malabar region. First edition only featured teams from Malappuram