Punjab Football Association has planned to commence 29th JCT Punjab Super League 2015 – 2016 from 12th September, 2015 and conclude on 28th October, 2015. The following top ten teams from Punjab are taking part in this event:
- Dalbir Football Academy, Patiala
- Punjab Police Football Team, Jalandhar
- Border Security Force (BSF) – Jalandhar,
- United Punjab FC – Mahilpur(Hoshiarpur)
- JCT Football Academy – Chohal (Hoshiarpur)
- Rail Coach Factory Football Team, Kapurthala
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) – Jalandhar,
- Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) – Hoshiarpur,
- JCT Football Club, Chohal (Hoshiarpur)
- Sporting Punjab Football Club, Rurka Kalan (Jalandhar)
Total nine rounds of five matches each have been arranged as this year Punjab Super Football League will be held on single leg league basis thereby each team having three home, three away and three neutral games. Thus according to change in format and not to confine this league in only three four districts, this year too PFA has planned to hold League’s neutral matches in multi-cities of Punjab so as it may reach at rural level in entire state of Punjab, some areas where grassroots football projects are also going on, have been chosen to host super league matches for youth of Punjab.
The opening ceremony has been assigned to District Football Association, Sangrur which is to be held at Zakir Hussain Stadium, Malerkotla on 12th September, 2015 at 4.00 PM followed by opening match between JCT Football Club (re-launched Professional Club of North India) and Rail Coach Factory Football Team, where a set of three neutral matches have been planned. Whereas, a set of four neutral matches followed by closing ceremony on 28th October, 2015 has been assigned to Doaba Sporting Club, Khera – Mahilpur (District Hoshiarpur).
Although, JCT is playing its pivotal role in supporting PFA development activities, however, Legend International (INDPRO SPORTS) has also joined hand with Punjab Football Association and JCT to boost up football development in Punjab State. PFA approves ‘ULTRA’ as official ball for playing Super League Games. The kick off time for all matches is fixed as 4.00 PM.