I-league to start in December, Fedration Cup not axed!
AIFF Executive Committee met at the All India Football Federation Headquarters, Football House in the Capital on May 14, 2014 (Wednesday). Here is all you need to know about the decisions that were arrived upon in the meeting!
- Mr. Praful Patel in his visit to Zurich has expressed interest to the FIFA Boss Sep Blatter about hosting the FIFA World Club Cup in 2017 and also in 2018. The outcome of these bids will be known in December 2014.
- Indian Super League, the new franchise league will kick off in September 2014.
- A special committee to advice the technical structure of 2017 U-17 FIFA World cup to be constituted. Baichung Bhutia, National Captain Sunil Chhetri and the Current coach of Salogaocar club Derrick Periera to be part of the panel.
- The Coca-Cola Cup (National Sub-Junior Tournament) will be the main scouting platform for players for the 2017 U-17 World Cup. Boys born on or after January 1, 2000 will be eligible for the Championship.
- An U-15 league which involves teams from clubs, AIFF regional academies and others was also proposed!
- 3 crore budget allotted for the preparations for U-23 team for Incheon Asian Games.
- Unlike earlier speculation in the media, Federation Cup to be hosted in Jammu and Kashmir in May 2015.
- Appointed an integrity officer to deal with corruption and match-fixing by June 2104 as stipulated by AFC and FIFA.
- Centralized registration of players to kick-in by July 31, 2014. Further to this, all inter-State transfers to take place through this online system.
- I-league to kick off in the first week of December.
- Coaches / Technical Director of I-league teams should be an AFC A-License holder. Even entry to the dressing rooms of a team is barred if you don’t hold AFC A-License!
- All clubs to sign a marquee player among their foreign recruits. If failed to do so, the entire foreign contingent of players will not be allowed to play. AIFF’s definition of marquee player to be intimated to the clubs very soon.
- The I-league licensing committee to meet on May 21 and decide on the future of clubs on the licensing criteria front.